According to the stopwatch on my phone, I am 9 hours into this thing. Which I am kind of proud of. I don’t know if I will make the whole 24 hours as Saturday night is usually date night with the boyfriend and then we usually get together on Sunday and spend time together then as well. We are both busy during the work week so we don’t get to see each other as much then. So I am not entirely sure if I will manage to squeeze in the whole 24 hours. But I will definitely get to over 50%. I am hoping for at least 75% (18 hours).
Since the last update, I have finished one more book and started a third. I finished The Dark Talent (Alcatraz #5). I love Sanderson, and this book was no exception. I currently have The Paper Magician playing on audio right now. Bread going in the bread machine. And some top ramen on the stove. Which I am actually pretty excited about because sometimes I really do just crave Top Ramen. lol
I have been working on Serengeti Mandala and will continue to work on it for the rest of the afternoon. But I am stitching this on black material, so when the sun leaves, so will this project. I just need a lot of light for it.
Well, I finished my first book. The Black Key by Amy Ewing. It is the third book in the Lone City series. I hated it. Which is actually putting it mildly. I can’t think of a single positive thing to say about this book. Except that it ended. And it wasn’t as long as other horrible books. Like Breaking Dawn or whatever the last Twlight book calls itself. Or Harry Potter 5. Man was that book painful.
It is 1:20 am here and I am starting to get sleepy. Will probably go to sleep soon. Which is strange because I am a night owl and am usually up till the sun comes up on the weekend. But I will try to wake up early tomorrow and get some more reading in.
I did make progress on two cross stitch projects. And hour and a half of my Wonderland series and half an hour on my Advent animals piece. I know none of that means anything to most of you. I’ll try to post pictures sometime this weekend.
I am listening to Alcatraz Versus the Dark Talent by Brandon Sanderson. I will put on the sleep timer and go lay down for a bit.
My timer shows 4 hours 22 minutes right now.
We are less than an hour away from a new readathon that I will be participating (it isn’t a new readathon, just new to me). This readathon is called 24 in 48. The basic idea is to read a total of 24 hours within the next 48 hours.
Now, I am going to approach this different than most people probably will. My plan is to listen to audiobooks and work on my cross stitch / crochet projects. #multitasking.
So far, I am having a really good reading year. 12 books this year. But I want to pad my stats for when I hit the inevitable reading slump. I got so close to 100 books in 2016. I think 6 books away. I want to crush 100 this year. So I am super excited for this readathon to help me get where I want to be.
Well, I took a 6 hour nap… But at this point, I should be good to go for the rest of the readathon. I have finished one book and am half way through two more (Perfect State and Legion: Skin Deep. Both by Brandon Sanderson). This hour is an hour long reading sprint on the Goodreads group so I am going to pick up a physical book (have been listening to audiobooks while doing prep work for the co-hosting time) and see how much I can get accomplished. I am pretty excited about this. I have missed reading books!
I’ve eaten bean soup and have a cup of Wassail.
1. What are you reading right now? I am about to start Darcy Swipes Left. Pretty excited by this. I am half way through Legion #2 (Skin Deep) by Brandon Sanderson. That is on audiobook, though, and I plan on reading a physical book for this hour.
2. How many books have you read so far? 2. Legion and Perfect State by Brandon Sanderson. Not my favorites by him, but I do love Sanderson and am working on reading every book he has written.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Probably Darcy Swipes Left. I read a few pages of it in the bookstore before I bought it and it had me in such a state of giggles. I am super excited about reading it!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes, but they are of my own making. Six hour nap and then I needed to prep my posts for co-hosting. I dealt with the co-hosting Prepping by putting on an audiobook and just powering through.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Hmmm, after 15 readathons, I am not sure anything surprises me any more. Maybe the fact that after all this time, I still love this event more than almost any other event in a year. One would think the excitement would wear away after so much time.
Books Read since last update: Legion by Brandon Sanderson (60 on audio)
Pages Read Since last update: 60 minutes on audio
Food consumed since last update: Pumpkin Donut Holes
Total Pages Read: 60 pages audio
Total time read: 60 minutes
Mini-Challenges Completed: Opening Meme
Books Read since last update: Nothing! This is the first post
Pages Read Since last update: None.
Food consumed since last update:
Total Pages Read: None
Books Finished: None
Total time read: None
Mini-Challenges Completed: Opening Meme
Opening Meme –
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from Roseville, California in Northern California!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I am most looking forward to Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. And hopefully the sequel as well.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My homemade bean soup.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am 28 and the oldest of four girls (ranging from 15 to 28). My parents are missionaries and we grew up overseas, in West Africa. Though they currently live in Singapore. I have a sister who lives in Germany and she and her husband have an adorable 22 month old boy. I love to quilt, cross stitch, and crochet.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my 15th readathon! So there isn’t much that I haven’t tried before. I think I am going to try to focus on the social aspect a bit more than in the past. I spend a lot of time on Twitter during my co-hosting hours, but during the rest of the event, I don’t spend much time talking to other readers or anything like that. I would like to get to know the book community a bit more.
I have been reading up a storm this year. Just finished book number 56. And while that might not seem like a lot to a lot of people, that is a lot for me. That being said, I have missed blogging and keep track of my reading. Over the last few years, this has become a place I occasionally update during readathon, and that makes me sad. So over the next few weeks, during readathon, I am looking to change that. I am looking to change my book reading goals as well. Update the fill in the gap challenge and just really go about utilizing this blog more. I am pretty excited about it, actually.
Also, for those interested, sign ups are up for the October 2016 readathon!!!!