End of even meme–A Readathon tradition! In your final Readathon post, answer these questions and then link to it with the Mr. Linky, below.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Surprisingly, hours like 7-10. After that, I got a second wind. I think that I was reading on my bed and so that made me even more tired. After that, I opened an energy drink, moved to my definitely less comfortable desk chair, and settled in for the long haul.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I would say any audiobook with a good narrators voice. When your eyes get tired in the later hours, it is nice to pop in an audiobook and do something like play solitaire on the comp or tweet or blog.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? A different start time. Even just a couple hours later or something like that. Maybe set up a poll with three or four different options and have readers vote.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Pretty much everything. The cheerleaders were especially well organized. It was a lot of fun, as always!
- How many books did you read? Completed one, halfway through two others.
- What were the names of the books you read? Matched by Ally Condie (completed), Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (half way), and Stolen by Lucy Christopher (third complete)
- Which book did you enjoy most? Twilight. I only like the first book in the series, but man do I really love it. It makes my heart flutter!
- Which did you enjoy least? Matched by Ally Condie. To say that I hated it is to put it lightly. I probably should have quit reading it, but I just couldn’t!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn’t a cheerleader but I think they did amazing!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Do I need oxygen to breathe? Of course I will participate again!!! This event makes my year and I always look forward to it. I will be a reader again.
This year I read for the entire 24 hours! I am quit proud of myself as I have never made it the entire 24-hours. I didn’t gat as many pages read as I wanted to, but I am a slow reader, and you cannot control how fast an audio book goes so I am satisfied. I read around 750 pages. This is an average of one page every two minutes, so including snack and potty breaks, that is about my normal average so yay me! Maybe next time I will just try to raise my average by 50 pages… 800 seems like it could be doable. Maybe I just need to read an Ellen Hopkins, hehehe. Anyway, expect some reviews to be put out this week, peeps!