Because there are so many good books out, I am only going to list the ones that are already out, and not the ones that will be coming out in the Fall that I am looking forward to. There are so many books that I have neglected and this is my chance to make it right with them!
- Nevermore by Kelly Creigh. I know, I know, how could I not have read this book already. Haven’t I see the glowing reviews? Haven’t you loved the cover? Doesn’t it just plain sounds intruging. Yes, gosh darn it. Yes to all of that. But it is a bit of a chunkster. And I get intimidated by big books. So I have checked it out over and over again from the library. But this fall, that is going to change. I am going to read it and then I will hopefully love it enough to read the sequel.
- Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey. Yes, yes, I know. Exact same as the above. I am working on it. I will be reading this and the sequel (both of which have been on my shelf collecting dust) this fall. Maybe during the 24-Hour read-a-thon. I cannot wait for that, BTW.
- Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter. Now for this one, I am actually ashamed of the fact that I have not read this one yet. I majorly fan girled the first four books and I legit bought this book on the day it came out… And yet still it sits on my shelf. Why? Because it had been so long since I read Book 4 that I felt that I had to read all of the others first. And then I kept finding other books that needing reading, instead of doing the reread. But I had forgotten so many plot points that I absolutely needed to read them again first. I am currently on Book 3 of rereading I am loving it.
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth. *sigh* This book has fallen victim of a curse I talked about in my last Top Ten Tuesday. I actually own it so it keeps getting pushed aside for library books. I really need to stop going to the library so that I can read some of the books I own at home. I really liked the first book and so now I just need to push aside everything else one Saturday and read this one! I am sure it will be just as great as the first one.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Oh my goodness. I never realized how ashamed this post would make me feel until I started… and I am only half way through. I read and loved Lola and the Boy Next Door. So why haven’t I read this one? I mean everyone has said it is great… But I think part of the problem is that I loved Lola and the Boy Next Door so much that this one will not be able to live up to my ridiculously high expectations. But how could it not? I loved Anna and St. Clair… I think that this is one I just need to bite the bullet and read and I will end up loving it.
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. Now I know this one has got to be good. I have seen so many good reviews for it. As a matter of fact, one time I was in church and I heard a boy talking about this book to his friends and telling them they had to read it (and this was a pretty macho group of boys) so it has to be good, right? I have just been procrastinating with this book. I am super looking forward to it.
- Sex With the Queen: 900 Years of Vile Kings, Virile Lovers, and Passionate Politics by Eleanor Herman. Now this is a book that several years ago (when I was still in college) I started at one of my excursions to Borders. I really enjoyed it. It was so tragic. I finally checked it out of the library and I am determined to read it all the way this time.
- Little House on the Prairie SERIES by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Many years ago, when I was just a child, my mother used to read us a chapter a night every night before we went to bed. This is something that I have cherished. Lately, I have been wanting to re-read this series that meant so much to me when I was a child. I have forgotten much of what happened and I would love to remember the good times we had as kids snuggled on the coach, listening to my mothers voice. I know it is a bit of a cheat, because there are nine books in the series, but I just lumped it together under this one.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. This is a book I stumbled across in Barnes and Nobles and I had to have it. There wasn’t even really a choice in the matter. I knew I had to own this book and read it. I love the premise of it and the cover and just about everything. I absolutely cannot wait to read it.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I heard a lot of good things about this book. In fact, of my goodreads friends who have read it, all of them have given it a 5 star rating. Plus the covers really appeal to me. This one isn’t as urgently demanding my attention as some of the others on my list… but it is definitely a series I want to get to a read this Fall.
So what books are you wanting to read this fall? Any on my list that you would recommend over others? Where should I start? Thanks for your input!