This year, my entire family is here to participate in the readathon with me. I am so excited as my family is rather international and I’ve never had them participate with me! Currently, they are all still sleeping, but that isn’t important…
I am starting the day with Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams. It is on audio so that I could update my blog, make sure everything is running smoothly on Goodreads and Twitter, and take care of prepping my hourly posts for co-hosting later today. It is rather early in the morning (5 am) but I am surprisingly awake. I expect that I will crash at some point today. Oh well.
Opening Meme – Kate
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from Roseville, California in Northern California!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I am most looking forward to The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan. I have been meaning to read it since the day it came out. So here’s to hoping that finally happens. lol
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Hmmm, this is a hard one. Maybe cheeseball? Or the bean soup that I make? I’m not positive.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am 27 and the oldest of four girls (ranging from 14 to 27). All of my sisters and my parents are at my one bedroom apartment to participate in this event with me today. They’re still sleeping, but hey, they’re here. My parents are missionaries and we grew up overseas, in West Africa. Though they currently live in Singapore. I have a sister who lives in Germany so I am especially excited to have her here with me today. I love to quilt, cross stitch, and crochet. I’m not sure what else there is to add.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my 14th readathon! So there isn’t much that I haven’t tried before. Except HAVING MY FAMILY HERE WITH ME! So yeah, that. lol.
Opening Meme – Mumsy
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? “England… I’m reading Pride & Prejudice” (she is physically in Roseville, California)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m not sure. A sequel to one of Alex’s books. It’s on my Kindle. Or an Anne Perry books (she just looked on my bookshelf and saw my Anne Perry books)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cheeseball
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’ve lived in Africa and Singapore. I have four children and a grandson. Reading is my favorite pastime.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Being together as a family!