Well, I finished the The Da Vinci Code right at the Hour 7 start mark. I enjoyed it. I am trying to re-read all those books in time for the release of the next book from Dan Brown.
Anyway, so now I am going to try to finish the last two books of the Gregor books. So first up: Gregor and the Marks of Secret. This one should take just over 3 hours. So I should be done around Hour 10 or 11. Things are moving along quite nicely.
Bread failed. I had apparently put in too much water. Very doughy. 😦 But I have been eating some of the chicken that I was not going to eat… It was just so good and hot and I couldn’t even help myself. The soup should be ready to eat in a couple hours. So ready for it. I had about 10 chips (Garden Salsa flavor).
In terms of crafts, I finished gridding my fabric for my main project and have put it on my scroll rods. I will be working on A Christmas Carol charted by Heaven and Earth Designs. I am going to try to put a picture of what the pattern looks like.
It is the start of the readathon and I am listening to The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. This is a re-read. But I still need to put on bread in the bread machine and soup in the crockpot. So I needed something that could be on that I only half pay attention to.
Haven’t eaten anything yet. Might eat some fruit while putting on the soup. No crafts started yet.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am reading from Roseville, California. That is just outside Sacramento in Northern California
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m not actually sure, honestly, as I am kinda flying by the seat of my pants this time. Maybe Gregor and the Marks of Secret
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My bean soup. But also salami. Or Salsa.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a craftaholic. No, but seriously, I plan on cross stitching while listening to books for much of the readathon.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’m going to no update my blog so often and I am skipping mini-challenges.
I am going to do something different this year in regards to my update posts… My plan is to listen to audiobooks and work on either crochet, quilting, or cross stitch. So instead of updating every hour like I try (and fail) to do every year, I am just going to update at the end of every book. Maybe halfway through if I feel so called. I’ll post some short thoughts on the book I listened to, the snacks I consumed, and maybe include a picture of the project that I worked on during that time. I don’t think that I am going to do mini-challenges. I normally try to do at least a couple but this time I am feeling more like cross stitching and listening to books. And talk to people on the goodreads group. Hopefully I will get more accomplished. I expect that I will. I listen to books at double speed so I can get through them pretty fast. I’ll post a quick post at the start of the readathon with what I am listening to. Hope you all had a chance to get out a book and read a little.
PS: Sorry for being the worlds worst blogger. 😦